Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm back with Lemon-Splashed Shrimp Salad!


Well, my daughter rather snarkily suggested that it's been awhile since I've blogged. Alas, it is true, my beloved Shell of the Sea. So here's what I made for supper tonight, straight from the September issue of Cooking Light...Lemon Splashed Shrimp Salad. Greg thinks it's a bit tart but I think it's marvelous! I was going to include a picture but until Tim gets home, I don't know how to do it!

8 cups water
2/3 cup uncooked rotini
1.5 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp (I only had .75 pounds and it was fine)
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
3/4 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped avocado
1/2 cup chopped seeded poblano pepper
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp grated lemon rind
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (1 lemon should do it)
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 tsp kosher salt

Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add pasta to pan; cook 5 minutes or until almost tender (mine took 7 minutes). If shrimp are uncooked, add them to the pasta and cook 3 minutes or until done. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Combine pasta mixture, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients; toss well. Makes 4 servings (serving size is 1 3/4 cups. Only 250 calories per serving!

2 comments:

Ceej and Em said...

YUM - that looks quite amazing! If I had a Mary 'Betty Crocker' Barnes award trophy, I'd for sure give it to you.

Chelsea said...

Looks scrumptious!!!! I would replace the shrimp for chicken maybe... But that photography is impressive, I think you should submit your work to Cooking Light!