Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tortilla Soup

Ok, it's been awhile since I've posted. I forgot my password and thought for a bit that my blogging days were over. But I persisted and here I am with a fabulous recipe for Tortilla Soup. This is a recipe from a cookbook that a family from our church put together.

1 boiled chicken - deboned and torn into small pieces
1 medium onion chopped
1 jalapeno chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1-14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
4 cups chicken broth
1 can tomato soup
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
salt & pepper to tasted
corn tortillas
Optional: avocado slices, grated cheese and lime slices

Cook all ingredients over low heat about 1/2 hour or until onion and pepper is done.
Slice the tortillas in thin small pieces and fry in oil, drain & add in each bowl of soup. Add optional items if desired. Ole!

4 comments:

Edwin and Chelsea said...

WOW MOM A NEW POST!!!!! You are doing better than I am! I will definitely try this out sometime. Edwin and I made homemade mac & cheese last night- a littler bland but overall good. Miss you!

Ceej and Em said...

Well that sounds great! I will have to try it as well. I have a set of "staple" soup ingredients that cause my soup to always taste the same... either "white chili with cajun" or "white mexican chili"... the ingredients that change being either cumin or cajun. I don't mind because I like it, but poor Ceej is never surprised. Perhaps this can be the recipe to save my soup-making-face! Hooray!

adam and andrea said...

mmmm - this sounds tasty! We'll have to try this one!

Chelsea said...

MOM! I know I'm being hypocritical, but it's been 4 months since you posted!!!!!!!!! Any new recipes?