Saturday, April 16, 2011

Chinese Beef Stir Fry with Vegetables

Well, I just checked my blog and see that I have been remiss in not posting any recipes. So in perusing my files, I've decided to share this stir fry recipe. I have no idea where I got it, but judging by the stains and food splotches on the recipe card, I've made it numerous times which is always a good sign!
1 # beef cut in cubes (you can use any kind of steak)
1 Tbsp. dry sherry (I just use whatever kind of wine I have on hand)
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
2 large stalks broccoli
2 carrots sliced diagonally
1/2 cup beef broth
8 spears (1/2 of 15 oz can, or what the heck, use the whole thing) baby corn drained
20 fresh snow peas
1 green onion chopped

Marinate meat at room temp in mixture of sherry, soy sauce, 1 tsp. cornstarch, sugar, 1/2 tsp oil, pepper & garlic for 1 hour.
Heat 1 Toil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir fry beef quickly until meat is brown outside and pink inside. Remove from heat.
Mix 2 tsp cornstarch with oyster sauce. Reheat wok with 1 T. oil. Add broccoli and carrots. Stir fry about 30 seconds. Add broth, cover wok and steam 1 minute or until veggies are tender but crunchy.
Add corn, snow peas, onion, beef & oyster sauce/cornstarch mixture.
Heat quickly until sauce is clear and thickened. Serve immediately with rice.
Happy cooking!

2 comments:

Edwin and Chelsea said...

Delicious!!! I love your stir fry so will definitely be making this. We will probably eat the cake around dinner time, but I'm bringing it to Ted and Leigh's with me around 2:00- so it has to be done by then!

adam and andrea said...

YAY!! We love stir fry too, so we'll have to make this!