Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Garden Edition: aka Zucchini up the wazoo.

Hello fellow cooks,
I don't have too many original recipes, but one I believe I invented is my zucchini casserole. It is possible though that my mom invented this and I stole it. Whatever...it's very easy and you can use whatever you have.
Grate 3 medium zucchini
Add 2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 sliced tomatoes
1 cup grated mozarella cheese
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
Sometimes I add sliced or chopped banana peppers. This part I invented.

Spray a 9x13 cake pan with cooking spray ( I like Pam spray)
Mix zucchini, garlic & onion and put in cake pan.
Place sliced tomatoes on the top
Sprinkle mozarella cheese over all
Cut up butter or margarine in small pieces and "sprinkle"? drop? on top (This cooking lingo is tricky!)
Bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees.

Important note: cooking requires monitoring. Check your dish periodically to make sure it isn't burning, or drying out or other bad things. Don't just set the timer at 1 1/2 hrs and walk away.

OK, head for your nearest Farmer's Market for the zucchini & tomatoes! Happy cooking...

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

ooo I'm glad to have this recipe! Thanks for posting!

Unknown said...

i just made it!! and that even though I never used to like zucchini!! thanks :)

lilian